Person 2 to 3.
Preparation time 15-20mnt.
Baingan (aubergine) 1 medium size
Aloo (potato) 2 medium size
Tomatoes 2-3 medium size
Onion 1 medium size
Crushed ginger/ ginger paste 1tblsp
Crushed green chilli/chilli paste 1/2 tblsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tblsp (jeera)
Coriander powder 1tblsp (dhania powder)
Turmeric powder 1/2 tblsp (haldi powder)
Asafetida (hing) a pinch of
Dried whole chilli 1
Salt as per taste
Chopped coriander leaves 2 tblsp (cilantro)
Oil to fry
3 to 4 spoon water
01. In a small bowl mix the ginger paste,coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and water to make a paste.
02. Cut washed potatoes and baingan into 1/2" cube.
03. Heat oil in a deep pan, fry potatoes and keep it in a paper towel.
04. Again fry baingan and keep it in a paper towel.
05. Heat 2tblsp oil in a pan. when its hot put cumin seeds.
06. When it cracks put dried chilli and a pinch of hing.
07. Put chopped onion and fry until olden brown.
08. Add the spice mixture (you made before) and fry until oil separate from the spice mixture.
09. Add chopped tomatoes and fry for a mnt.
10. Add fried potatoes and baingan mix it and let it simmer for 8-10mnt.
11. If needed add little water. make sure vegetable shouldn't be mashed.
12. Turn of the gas and add chopped coriander and mix it well.
13. You can have this recipe with roti, paratha and bread.